Vision & Values
Learning together, growing together.
This underpins our Christian vision for our school, which was developed with our pupils:
We are a small family with big, caring hearts, striving to be the best we can be, treating each other with respect and, knowing God is always with us on our learning journey.
We have now also made this vision into a school prayer:
Thank you for our small family with big, caring hearts. Help us to be the best we can be, to treat each other with respect and know you are always with us on our learning journey. Amen.
Our vision is rooted in Christian teaching and is particularly linked to, "Whatever you do, work at it with all you heart," Colossians 3 v23 and the Church of England Vision for Education, "I have come that they may have life and have it to the full," John 10 v10.
The aims that we have for our pupils (developed by staff and LGB working together) are that they:
- Develop a love of learning through innovative use of our unique learning environment at the heart of the Lake District.
- Enjoy building knowledge, skills and wisdom in order to flourish.
- Succeed as a confident, resilient individual, functioning independently and as part of a community.
- Grow in faith and fellowship, recognising our contribution to our local and global community.
- Show respect for all through a wholly inclusive approach.
- Aspire to be thoughtful and responsible citizens who contribute to a sustainable future.
Our aims are supported by our Christian values, which are:
These will be a focus in collective worship over a 4 year rolling programme.